30 Oct 2018 The Advantages of the Malta Residency and Visa Programme and the Individual Investor Programme (K/A Citizenship by Investment).
Further to recent articles on the residency/citizenship programmes offered by a number of EU member states, we highlight the many advantages that the Malta Residency and Visa Programme (the “MRVP”) and the Individual Investor Programme (the “IIP”) offered by Malta (the “Programmes”) provide for applicants who wish to take up residency or become citizens of Malta.
The below is a non-exhaustive list of the most common advantages that such Programmes offer to applicants:
- Residency in Malta – The Programmes entitle an applicant to reside in Malta and has the possibility to include family members in the main application as well.
- Free Movement Rights – Given that Malta is part of the EU and the Schengen area, these Programmes offer benefits in terms of movement within the EU and Schengen area.
- Mobility – The right to study, live, and work in any of the twenty-eight (28) EU countries, Iceland, Switzerland, Norway and Liechtenstein is also an advantage brought about by the Programmes.
- Tax Advantages – Residing in Malta and/or becoming a citizen of Malta will also provide an applicant with a number of tax benefits which, to a certain extent, apply to Maltese citizens as well.
- Educational Opportunities – Malta offers a gateway to educational opportunities for children and dependants of an applicant.
- Secure – Malta grants the security of knowing that one has access to a peaceful and politically stable country.
- World-class Health Care – As a citizens of Malta, one can also access the world’s best healthcare.
- Flexible – In the case of the IIP, Malta doesn’t require physical residency from new citizens. This allows you to hold dual citizenship. There is no need to renounce your current citizenship.
- Permanent – Each approved Malta passport issued by virtue of a successful IIP application provides an applicant with a Maltese passport valid for a lifetime. Malta’s citizenship is guaranteed for life and can be passed to future generations.
- Fast Track Relocation – The MRVP process takes approximately four (4) months to be finalised while the IIP takes approximately twelve (12) months however both Programmes can be regarded as providing a fast-track relocation to Malta.
The above are some of the advantages which the Programmes in Malta offer. For more information or to find out whether you are eligible to apply, feel free to get in touch with us.
Additionally, more detail on the Programmes can be found on our newsletters by clicking on the below links: https://lecocqassociate.com/publication/malta-residency-visa-programme-mrvp/. More newsletters will be published soon concerning the above-mentioned Programmes.